I know it has been a while, but I thought I'd share my favourite dessert with you all. I remember going to restaurants and wondering what on earth is pannacotta? It sounds rather posh and complicated to make but the clue is in the name Pannacotta which is Italian for 'cooked cream' it doesn't get any easier than that. I love my pannacotta served with raspberry or strawberry coulis. You can use what ever fruit you want, just make sure you change the flavour of the liqueur or brandy..... Just remember, Anything with a little booze, is a winner!
3 Gelatine Leaves
250ml milk (use whatever milk you prefer,I like semi-skimmed milk with my pannacotta)
250ml double cream
1vanilla pod (or 2tbsp of good quality vanilla essence)
4 dariole moulds or ramekins
splash of cherry liqueur or..... 1/4 of a cup......;-)
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft
- Place milk, cream, vanilla pod or essence, sugar into a pan,bring to simmer.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves, then add to the pan and take off heat
- Stir until gelatine has dissolved
- Divide the mixture among 4 ramekins and leave to cool
- Place in fridge until set minimum an hour.
- Place the sugar, water and cherry liqueur into a pan and bring to boil
- Recuce the heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved
- Take the pan of the heat and half the raspberries
- Blend the sauce until smooth
- Pass sauce through a sieve into a bowl and stir in the remaining fruit